Friday, September 2, 2011

the twitter experiment

I'm taking a class right now where we're actually required to sign up for twitter and follow some authors. Ultimately, we're going to analyze their tweets as to whether we thought they were effective or what. I got geared up yesterday (yes, I know I'm late to the party) and it's wild how different the various authors are. Some first impressions: One author tweets literally every ten minutes; she's very entertaining but I can't help thinking Get a real life, honey! One author only tweets quotes from her books. Oh, dear! This doesn't work at all. One author seems to only tweet commerical information about his books. Not good.

What might work to sell books would be to follow the actual fictional characters. I'll have to look some of my faves up to see if they tweet. Or, I could tweet one of my characters... That could be interesting!

Anyway, anyone have any good tweeting experiences? Know any good tweeters I should follow? (Feel free to include yourself.) Thanks!

1 comment: