Tuesday, April 10, 2012

I love libraries

A couple weeks ago I got a huge stack of novels from my local library. Several of the novels were good, one was really not to my taste and one was awesome! I haven't quite finished it, but I may have found a new favorite novel of all time. I'll blog more about the book in question at a later date. In the meantime, I can't help feeling grateful to the library that enabled me to experience something filled with life-changing, intriguing ideas and stories.
Wow. Libraries rock! I love libraries!

In support of libraries, here are some quotes:

  • "Libraries store the energy that fuels the imagination. They open up windows to the world and inspire us to explore and achieve, and contribute to improving our quality of life. Libraries change lives for the better." --Sidney Sheldon
  • "Libraries are absolutely at the center of my life. Since I couldn't afford to go to college, I attended the library three or four days a week from the age of eighteen on, and graduated from the library when I was twenty-eight." --Ray Bradbury
  • "It was books that taught me that the things that tormented me most were the very things that connected me with all the people who were alive, or who had ever been alive." --James Baldwin
  • "We must not think of learning as only what happens in schools. It is an extended part of life. The most readily available resource for all of life is our public library system." --David McCullough
  • "I received the fundamentals of my education in school, but that was not enough. My real education, the superstructure, the details, the true architecture, I got out of the public library. For an impoverished child whose family could not afford to buy books, the library was the open door to wonder and achievement, and I can never be sufficiently grateful that I had the wit to charge through that door and make the most of it." --Isaac Asimov
  • "Libraries are where dreams begin." --Jamie Freveletti
  • Your favorite quote here.

Obviously, I could go on and on. Libraries are important; please support them in your community.

The American Library Association (ALA) has a neat website: www.ilovelibraries.org. Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment